Sweet Tunda, a Kenyan business by Burton and Bamber is revolutionizing the snack market, by offering mouthwatering, sweet, natural dried fruit snacks.
The agro-processing company is aiding Kenyan small-scale farmers, who let 70% of their mangoes and other fruits rot in the farm, to make more profits. Sweet Tunda purchases fruits and vegetables from farmers, who they have trained on how to improve their quality and production to international standards (Global Gap Certification). They then purchase the product from them and dry the fruits through dehydration and package them.
Burton and Bamber are targeting the local market through their brand, Sweet Tunda. They also export the same to Europe.
Sweet Tunda Products
They currently have 5 products:-
- Sweet Tunda dried mixed fruit – Dried Mango, Banana, and pineapple mixed with raspberry and strawberry rolls
- Dried Mango – Dehydrated Sweet Kenyan mangoes
- Sweet Tunda Mango rolls – Dried Mangoes mixed with banana and honey
- Raspberry rolls
- Strawberry rolls – Dried Kenyan strawberries mixed with dried bananas and honey
Where to buy Sweet Tunda
Sweet Tunda snacks can be purchased at
- Naivas supermarkets
- chandarana foodplus supermarket
- Carrefour Kenya
- zuchinni supermarkets
- other local stores.
Image credits: sweettunda.com